Clean up your Mojo Dialer and squeeze every opportunity out of your database in 2018
The new year is right around the corner. There is no better time than now to clean up your Mojo database and think about your workflow moving forward in to 2018.
Clear the Clutter
Depending on how long you’ve been using Mojo, there can be a substantial amount of data no longer needed in your account. This can be dead leads, folks who you’ve determined to be a wrong number or any other lead/data type you just won’t be calling or marketing to in the new year.
Identify this data in lists and groups and delete it. This will help prevent database bloat and will make ‘room’ for your new data and leads moving forward. Also, having too much ‘stale’ can get in the way of you prospecting and marketing to your fresh data in Mojo – so don’t be a ‘hoarder’.
Review your Templates and Scripts
Mojo has both templates and scripts. Do your email and letter templates have accurate information? Is the messaging on point? Are your email signatures correctly laid out and have the best contact information?
Calling scripts get stale. Sometimes agents use the same script repeatedly without applying any changes and expecting the same result. Look at your scripts, bounce them off a colleague or friend, can you improve on them?
We’ll throw your lead sheets and checklists in here as well. Are you utilizing the Lead Sheet feature correctly? Are you asking the best questions to get the most productive answers? Many lead sheets that we see are over built with too many questions. Try reducing the questions you ask and make the questions moving forward more productive.
Same goes for checklists, make sure you keep them on point for the type you’ve created. Is it a pre-listing checklist? Keep your items specific to pre-listing. Is it a listing or closing checklist? Again, simplify them and keep them on point.
Plan and Manage your Action Plans
Go through your created Action Plans and confirm you are using them as intended. How many contacts are they assigned to? If the answer is none, is it worth keeping? Review your Action Steps, we’ve added a bunch of new Action Plan features you might have missed and now is a great time to make sure you are squeezing every opportunity out of your database with them.
– If you haven’t already done so, schedule your monthly newsletter and assign your contacts to it.
– Consider creating a strict order Action Plans, or converting your older Action Plans to strict order to prevent scheduled activities from piling up in the past if you are not able to complete them.
– Set up and plan your drip email only Action Plans using your saved Mojo or BombBomb email templates. Get diligent about assigning these to your various contact and leads in Mojo.
– Send postcards? Utilizing Mojo for this can drastically save time and energy. Create Action Plans with mailing label steps and give your labels the names of the postcards you are sending and frequency.
(Not every Action Plan tip is provided to save time, but trust us, using Action Plans is awesome!)
Confirm and Update your Workflow
Mojo is a SUPER powerful lead and database manager. This power is often underutilized by our users. Properties calling lists, calling lists, groups, Action Plans and many more tools are at your disposal for the best possible workflow. The Mojo Dialer creates a ton of activity and coming up with a clean, efficient way to process it all will completely change your game!
We suggest writing down your workflow on paper (think mind-map). Where do your leads come from? What list do they go in to? What are the potential call outcomes? What groups do you need for qualification stages? What does your workflow tell you to do when you set an appointment? What groups do you use? Do you assign a checklist? What if they are not interested?
It also makes sense to have different workflows for different prospecting types. For example, you might want to continue emailing a newsletter to a FSBO via Action Plan if they are not interested ‘right now’ and including monthly follow-up call steps, vs. a Neighborhood Search lead you’ve been geo prospecting who has zero interest in listing or buying that gets sent to the ‘dead lead’ or archiving group.
One last tip, it is very helpful to figure prospecting as a manufacturing process, with a start and ‘finish’. What happens in-between the start and finish can all be managed by your groups and action plans – taking the burden off you.
Clean up your Mojo Dialer
Do you have 50+ caller ID’s in Mojo but only use a few? Do you have dozens of pre-recorded voicemail you’ve recorded about last year’s open houses? If you do, you are not alone! Many of our clients don’t even think to clean this up and now is a great time.
Go in to your settings area and check out the Caller ID’s in the Power Dialer settings. If you use them all, great. If not, go ahead and get rid of them. While you’re there, check out your saved voicemail messages, see any you won’t be using in the future? Get rid of them.
Some other year-end tips
We couldn’t have a tips post without adding some extra nuggets we’ve collected from some very successful Mojo clients over the years.
- Up your ring counts. That’s right, if you’re dialing out with 4 rings, try 6. This might go against what you’ve been trained to do but we’ve seen big jumps in client contact rates without any real increase in voicemail connects.
- Nurture dial your follow-up calls scheduled individually or by Action Plans in the Mojo Calendar. This is a slower pace of dialing and you will be more prepared to speak with your qualified leads you’ve already spoken with.
- Scrub your database for duplicates to further purify your database. If you find two contacts which are related somehow (multi-property, husband/wife, child/parent etc) link them with our new linking feature.
- Say less if you’re leaving automated voicemail. Our clients find that offering less info increases call-backs out of curiosity.
- If you’re calling off-market properties, try to forgo the voicemail drop. These leads are getting a ton of response via the phone already and by leaving a message you join the ‘they are irritating me’ club. Additionally, change-up your caller ID and cycle through them when you call. Dropping messages when prospecting a captive audience like Just Listed/Just Sold is recommended.
- Use Caller ID’s you can be called back on. You will get interest and if you successfully skirt our Caller ID process designed to allow only numbers you own; you will lose credibility with your leads when they can’t reach you.
- Be very picky about who is representing your brand on the phone if you hire it out. ISA’s are a great tool to have, just make sure they are making you look good on the phone. After-all, it’s you that’s being sold on the call.
We hope you enjoyed these end of year tips and look forward to a phenomenal 2018!